Sunday 17 March 2013

Moon Booth

Alice back, reporting for blog duty. Thank you to those still reading our ramblings. 

What day is it? Where are we? 6 days in a row in the black box sent us loopy and we flew to the moon. Luckily there was a nice lady there to take our picture as proof. 





Unfortunately this did not happen, or at least it sort of did. I am feeling rather delirious, 6 days in the black box that is stage 2, essentially living at Northern Stage, I then went to work today (a busy cafe in Heaton) and I'm not sure I know my own name anymore. My eyes are like a little mole's and I keep seeing extra fingers on my hand. I'm also crying at lurpak adverts. It must be production week right? Making a show whilst rehearsing it at the same time has been quite a ride, and we've all worked our little NORTH brains to the core, no stone has been left unturned and I am now obsessed with the Moon. 

Caroline Pearce, who we'd met in our very first induction week suggested we head to the Theatre Royal on Saturday perchance we were all in town and hanging out together. And we were. That's what we do now. Our little NORTH family. We met Amanda Drago, relationship officer for Dance at the Arts Council and her other unique vocation....The Moon Booth. A feast of little vintage stalls had descended over the four floors of the theatre and nestled in the corner was the Moon Booth. We perched onto the Moon and grabbed our props and that was that! What is not quite pictured in the photos is Michael's glorious choice of accessory, a red fez hat. Never has a hat fit a man so well. Amanda was extremely friendly and put us all at ease (and even let us leave some flyers for the show on her table!). It was lots of fun and we got to take our own little picture away for a fiver. Moon Booth can be booked for events, weddings, birthdays, cabaret nights...you name it! 

Like their facebook 

And take a look at their website



North_NS x

No comments:

Post a Comment